April 30, 2020
A Message from Dr. Raymond Lee, President, CAPD/ACDP
It is with heartfelt regret, that I write to inform you that the CAPD/ACDP Executive Committee is cancelling the Scientific Program and social events of the 2020 Annual Conference, scheduled for September 24-25-26, 2020 in Whistler, B.C.
Please know that this decision was very difficult. The Executive Committee met several times over the past few weeks to review provincial and federal recommendations regarding COVID-19 and in the end, we struggled to justify proceeding with a physical meeting. We realize that many Members will be disappointed. However, the Executive Committee believes that cancellation is the most appropriate action, with respect to the health and safety of the Members, sponsors, speakers, and the entire Pediatric Dentistry community.
1. Virtual Meetings: The Executive Council meeting will proceed and all members are invited to a virtual Annual General Meeting afterwards. Also open to all members will be the virtual Graduate Student Research Presentations, sponsored by 3M Oral Care. Details regarding the dates and how to participate will be forthcoming. We look forward to a great turnout.
2. Registration Refunds: CAPD/ACPD will refund all registration fees. If you registered after January 1, 2020, the refund will appear on your credit card. If you pre-registered in 2019 as well, you will be given the option of a refund or having the pre-registration fee applied to the 2021 Annual Conference in Montreal.
3. Room Reservations: The Westin Resort & Spa will cancel the room reservations. Those who confirmed their room with a credit card will be emailed confirmation of cancellation by May 15th, 2020.
4. Travel Arrangements: Please remember to cancel your travel arrangements and flight reservations.
5. Whistler will return! The new dates are October 27-28-29, 2022. A Fall meeting in Whistler will be exciting! The 2021 Annual Conference is already scheduled for Montreal, in partnership with the AAPD, for September 23-24-25th. Information and pre-registration for this “joint meeting” will be available in the Fall 2020. So please mark your calendars for both of events.
Many thanks go to the Local Organizing Committee, the National Annual Conference Committee and our tireless staff who have spent countless hours in organizing and now in negotiating the cancellation of the Annual Conference. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Steve Gillick at <email@example.com>.
We look forward to seeing you in Montreal in 2021, and then Whistler in 2022.
Please stay healthy and stay safe everyone!